Saturday, April 24, 2010

#1: Canaletto pinot grigio #2: Trapiche malbec


Treasa and I had a friend of ours over last night to grill. She brought the pinot grigio for the appetizers: homemade guacamole and grilled roasted garlic artesian bread. The wine was decent. Fairly tart and refreshing, but I think it could have used a bit more body. It did match pretty well to the food though. The guac’ recipe needs some improvement. The grilled bread, as usual, was great.

For the entrĂ©e, I went with some skirt steak fajitas from Doc’s Meat Market in Hockessin. Not cheap, but it came out great with a little fresh cilantro and a dusting of my personal/proprietary/confidential/amazing/spectacular spice blend. Last, but not least, the Malbec. I liked it. I thought it was good by itself, and picked up a bit of spice when paired with the food. Everyone else, not so enthusiastic, if that’s a fair assessment from this comment, ‘It kind of tastes like lead poisoning.’

PS: sorry about the cell phone pictures. The digital camera is on the DL, but hopes to be back in the lineup soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment