Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chilensis Reserva Chardonnay – 2008


Last Saturday, Treasa and I met our friends, Larz and Miranda, at the marina to spend the day on their boat. Larz’s mother and aunt were going to be there, and knowing that they were wine drinkers, I figured I’d pick up a bottle of white and put it in the cooler with the beer.

This wasn’t a premeditated plan per se, it was more so waiting in line to buy beer and seeing a Chardonnay with a handwritten, highlighted sign saying ‘$9.99’ that made me think to myself, ‘It’s probably not that good. But, it’s the thought that counts, and if his relatives don’t want to drink beer, so-so wine is better than no wine.’ And that’s how I found the Chilensis Reserva Chardonnay .

Well, they came stocked with wine. Apparently just enough so that they didn’t have to open my offering. So, tonight I grilled a romaine chicken caesar salad for dinner and figured what the heck, let’s try the chard.’

The dinner was good. The wine, not so much. Perhaps, caesar dressing doesn’t match with chardonnay, or perhaps the wine just isn’t good. Truth be told, I don’t usually drink chardonnay anyway, but regardless, the likelihood of another Chilensis Reserva Chardonnay posting here is slim at best. Well, unless I find a good recipe to cook with it…but I think that tells you all you need to know.

PS: So the camera is back in action, but this picture is worse than the PDX one I took with my BlackBerry. I would have done something to cut down on the reflections, but I was hungry and I decided eating was more important than uploading a crappy picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment