Thursday, June 3, 2010

Steel Creek White Riesling


Treasa and I went through the closet in the guest room tonight and sorted through clothes we haven’t worn in awhile, clothes that were given to us and clothes that just ended up there for some reason. There was a lot of trying on, mirroring, and refolding/rehanging or refolding and placing in the donation bag. Given how much fun I was having, I hinted that a bottle of anything might be a good idea. Treasa said ‘A bottle of white,’ and I descended the flight of stairs in .2 seconds and was in the wine fridge picking something out before she finished with, ‘might be nice.’

I decided on the Steel Creek White Riesling 2009, from Monterey County. The back of the bottle says:

The aromas of honeysuckle and hyacinth complemented by rich flavors of apples and peaches set Steel Creek Riesling apart. Try it before dinner with fruit and soft cheeses, or with light chicken and pork dishes.

Okay. Maybe I can see that, but the first sentence should read, ‘The aromas of honeysuckle and hyacinth complemented by rich flavors of apples, peaches and about a metric ton of Sweet and Low set Steel Creek Riesling apart from anything you would consider pleasant to drink.’

‘So, where was that pair of hand-me-down dress pants you thought I should try on again, sweetie?’

No comments:

Post a Comment