Monday, October 4, 2010

Message In A Bottle

My literary absence should not be taken as a sign that we’ve given up drinking wine. That, honestly, would be preposterous. The reality is that, well, I’ve been busy. Not to busy to drink wine, but too busy to devote time to chronicling the events surrounding the experience in an I’m-probably-the-only-one-that-thinks-my-writing-is-funny sort of way.

Treasa got a big fancy promotion that requires a ninety mile round trip commute. My four minute trip, in heavy traffic, relegates many time consuming domestic duties to yours truly. While they’re a big, giant, ghastly PITA, it has provided me with additional appreciation for all the work she does. So in keeping marital bliss at the forefront, this wasn’t all bad.

The previous paragraph was apparently written by a serial optimist, who, in reality, really hates folding laundry, putting things away and general house chores. However, he does think the Dyson is pretty freakin’ cool, once he gets nagged enough to stop watching baseball and get the thing from upstairs. Peaches.

Here are the wines I can remember drinking since I last posted. Remembrance not for their quality or anything, but more so just because I’m bad at remembering wine labels. That’s half the reason I started writing this blog as a hobby; hopefully my previous exploits will help me build up a decent wine knowledge and potentially prevent me from uncorking a dud twice. Anyways, the list of what I remember:
Dynamite Cabernet Sauvignon
Cellar No 8 Pinot Noir
Cellar No 8 Cabernet Sauvignon
Domaine Ste Michelle Champagne

The one’s I don’t:
A pretty blah bottle of sauvignon blanc
A bottle of sauvignon blanc that was heavier than most I’ve had
A bottle of syrah with a cocoa encrusted antelope tenderloin
A sip of the sauvignon blanc Treasa had at that dinner
I think another pinot noir.

I sampled the Dynamite Cab before my antelope entrée. It was pretty good. Considering what the restaurant was charging per glass, I was surprised to see it for under $10 a bottle. I bought it. The Cellar No 8 Pinot Noir was recommended by a friend. It was very tasty, however I over matched it by with a bacon wrapped filet mignon pairing. I’d definitely buy it again. For that reason, I tried the Cellar No 8 Cabernet Sauvignon. Treasa and I drank it last night over bowls of spaghetti and meatballs. It was really good, and even gooder that it cost under $10. We shared the bottle of DSM with a friend who Treasa helped with her pre-wedding hair and makeup trial. We had a fun night, though I never did get around to asking her why she did the trials when here wedding isn’t until next summer.

The wine fridge is stocked and the rack is over flowing. It’s quite a good situation to contend with. And hopefully I’ll be around here more often to write about how I handle making more room.

No comments:

Post a Comment