Wednesday, August 25, 2010

7 Deadly Zins

Treasa started her new job yesterday, so we celebrated with some filet mignons topped with whole roasted garlic and my fantastic roasted potatoes. Perusing through our wine stock, I found various bottles of pinot noir and not much else. Yearning for something heartier to match the steak, I picked up a bottle of 7 Deadly Zins that we’ve had for probably, almost, must be, just about two years now.

For the first time out of the last several tries, I finished the meat at medium rare, and the garlic spread was as good as you can imagine. The new addition of diced jalapenos to the potatoes was great. The wine was very pleasant while the meal was cooking and was equally as good, if not more so, as an accompaniment. I’d definitely buy it again. Right after I knock off a few pinot noirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment