Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Barone Fini Valdadige Pinot Grigio


Considering I gained, what feels and weighs like, ten pounds on the honey moon, I’m on a diet this week. I bought chicken and bagged salad and I’m ready to lose the spare tire. Specifically, I bought whole romaine. I’ve had chicken tenderloins from Costco marinating in fat free Italian dressing since Saturday. And I found two ears of white corn for $.80 from the grocery store on the way home from work. And for a $2 risk, I bought frozen shrimp shish-ka-bobs.

I marinated the shrimp skewers in warm salt-Old Bay water with apple cider vinegar to thaw. Soaked the corn on the cob in a warm sugar water bath for half an hour. Drizzled the halved romaine lettuce with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper and reduced fat parmesan cheese. I gave the corn a hearty head start on the grill, then added the chicken, romaine halves, chicken and shrimp skewers. I plated everything upon a nice bed of mixed greens and ate.

It should be noted that from the beginning of the second paragraph, I’d been drinking a Barone Fini Valdadige Pinot Grigio. Treasa wasn’t feeling well, so the bottle was probably 85% mine. It’s an easy drinking bottle of wine, with some green apple flavors being most prominent among its round taste. When the last half glass was paired with the salad and light Caesar vinaigrette, the wine perked up a bit and was pretty good. The meal, cheap frozen shrimp and all, came together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment