Monday, August 9, 2010

Running With Scissors Cabernet Sauvignon 2007


So Treasa had a pretty terrible day at work on eight-nine-ten day. Her boss has made a mistake, for each of the previous six quarters, that might cost her, and all of her coworkers, their employment. So what can I do? Steaks and wine, obviously.

I went to the grocery store and got two top loins and a zucchini. I’ve never grilled zucchini before, but after a soak in EVOO, Six Point Spice Blend and a little garlic powder, it came out ok. According to me. Not Treasa. I also over cooked the steaks to med-well. But, the cuts were decent enough to compensate for the temperature oops. That wasn’t the point though. After a bottle of 2007 Running With Scissors Cabernet Sauvignon, the job worries melted away to the periphery, and a mixed drink and a recorded episode of True Blood took the focal point of the evening. Which is why I’m upstairs writing this entry and she’s downstairs relaxing. So, I’d say I’ve earned an A++ on husbandry duties this evening.

2 comments:

  1. i miss the days of buying an exorbidant amount of meat to grill and eat in one sitting.

    You are a good husband, Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you know where I live, and are no longer in fear of threatening banjo music coming from the low lands of Delaware, you're welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete